They Are Against The Mass Media, Popular Culture, Consumerism And Capitalism. Who Are They?
What do you think Rainbow Gathering is? Special communities are called so, which are usually held outdoors. The participants of this annual event practice ideals of love, peace, harmony, community and freedom unlike current society. People in these communities are against the mass media, popular culture, consumerism and capitalism.
Also this movement reminds of the hippie subculture, as there is really much in common.
The first Rainbow Gathering was held in 1972 in the USA. Now it is the event, that takes place in the United States and other countries every year. It is usually arranged from the 1 to the 7 of July in national parks. Many conflicts happen among local people, the police and the members of the communities. The mass media are not welcome at Rainbow Gathering, because journalists usually write about drugs, nudism and other integral aspects of this event. Nevertheless, the meetings have been held for already 41 years. And those, who attend them, feel happy!
1. To tell you the truth, when I look at all these people – I want to be free like them too!
2. Somebody has taken his child on the gathering. People want their children also to be free in society.
3. Sometimes nature shows a person`s emotional state…
4. Can you read one`s look? It seems, this girl wants to say: “Enjoy your life!”
5. People, for whom moral values are important, have gathered together.
6. With an open heart…
7. Can this face lie?
8. Your sincerity makes me want to believe the whole world.
9. A look right into your soul…
10. “I know what beauty is… And you?”
11. “I have friends, who will never betray me. And I don`t need anyone else”.
12. “We know what moral values we should have”.
13. “We are the friendliest family in the whole world!”
14. “Refuse from your false ideals and become free”.
15. “My daughter teaches me to enjoy every minute of my life”.
16. “Why not just make your life colourful and bright?!”
17. “People often feel lonely even in the company of their friends. But I don`t feel lonely! I am the centre of the universe!”
18. “To live means to have no boundaries, no matter what”.
19. “People are so funny with their norms and rules… At first they invent different restrictions, and then can`t be happy, because don`t want to break them”.
20. One may think these are pagans…
21. A strange-looking man. I would be scared to death if I met him in the street, really.
22. Doing without any cookbook…
23. “If you come at such a meeting at least once – you`ll see the world in a quite different light”.
24. It`s great that there are such special days every year, when every person forgets their working obligations and other problems and becomes really happy.
25. How pleasant it is to sit near the bonfire in a circle of your friends!